The All India CPI - IW (2016=100) for December, 2021 decreased by 0.3 Points and stood at 125.4 Points. If we convert it to 2001=100 Series it comes to 361.15. January, 2022 Index will be released on 28.2.2022.
Monday, 31 January 2022
Saturday, 29 January 2022
Sundarakrishnan S DS SPEAKS:
Kindly refer to the above message.The above issue has been discussed with AO STR CHENNAI. 101 comrades who are supposed to submit the changed account no. Particulars with cancelled cheque cheque leaf furinishing name, vendorcode, bank name account no to the the AO of the concerned Area GM STR BY HARD COPY for updation in ERP and, the same details has to be sent by mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. for effecting medical payment
Dear Comrades,Thanks to CPPC INDIAN BANK. Pension for January 2022 has been credited to OUR Pensioners with 4.8% increased IDA (184.1% IDA).by Indian Bank. This is to be appreciated.
Friday, 28 January 2022
CGM STR CIRCLE WANT PENSIONERS NEW BANK ACCOUNT FOR MAKING MEDICAL BILL PAYMENT
We have received a message from AO STR today that they are going to make Outdoor medical bill payments soon to 412 persons and they are preparing the particulars for it. They found that the following 101 pensioners bank details are not updated after merger of some banks. ie. sbi travancore, andhra bank, corporation bank, vijaya bank etc. They are having the old banks accounts only with them. They now want the new account number particulars of the below mentioned 101 pensioner's bank account numbers. Hence we request the following pensioners to send a cancelled cheque leaf of your new bank account or copy of front page pass book of your bank to The AO STR, CGM OFF, GUINDY CHENNAI. This is most urgent for making payment by them early. Please send it as early as possible.
TO SEE THE LIST CLICK HERE
SUBMISSION OF LIFE CERTIFICATE TO CCA OFFICE BY SAMPANN PENSIONERS :-
1. All of you aware approximately 8700 SAMPANN PENSIONERS Receiving pension from CCA TN are from VRS 2019.They are due to give their LC either Dec 2021 or JAN 2022.
2.Based on the order issued by Government of India, Last date for submission of Life Certificate is extended upto 28.02.2022. So,all are supposed to get Pension upto Feb 2022 even if fails to submit LC. But for receipt of Pension for March 2022, Life certificate must be given before 28.02.2022.
3.There were doubts from some of our comrades who submitted DLC during Jan 2022 got message as follows
Dear Sir/Madam, Greetings from SAMPANN O/o CGCA, DoT. Your Life Certificate details have been updated in SAMPANN and the updated expiry date is 28/02/2022. Please submit the next Life Certificate before the expiry date.
when we enquired, it was replied that by default validity of LC is fed in SAMPANN PORTAL as 28.02.2022. After 28th Feb 2022, validity date will be changed as Dec 2022. They need not submit LC again.
4.Recently list of 2418 pensioners name was displayed in CCA OFFICE WEBSITE stating that their LC submission is due by Jan 2022. Some of them say they submitted their LC during Jan 2022 and inspite of that their names are figured. Cca office says that data updated only upto first week and it is autogenerated. Hence, those submitted LC in the list need not submit again. However, those whose AADHAR NUMBER DOES NOT MENTION CORRECTLY IN PPO HAS TO SUBMIT LC ONLY BY HARD COPY BEFORE THE END OF FEBRUARY FOR GETTING MARCH 2022. SEPARATE representation enclosing Aadhar Xerox to be sent to CCA office for correction in SAMPANN. I think this will suffice to clear all your doubts regarding LC submission.
Thursday, 27 January 2022
Wednesday, 26 January 2022
Wednesday, 19 January 2022
Com S. Sundarakrishnan DS Speaks:
Regarding Payment of OPD MEDICAL BILL/ Allowance upto 30.09.2019 in respect of STR/STP, it was told that payment would be made from 17th Monday. Whereas payment was not made till now.Contacted CAO O/o CGM STR just now. STR Received Fund approx 60 L inclusive of STP. Area wise received details were sent to payment section. Due to the technical problem in SAP due to the merger of STP and STR, SAP is not accepting the data's. They told it will be resolved by to morrow. Centralized payment will be made by AO GDY. please wait for today and tomorrow
1. Last date for giving LIFE CERTIFICATE FOR PENSION IS 28.02.2022. Those( Normal Pensioners as well as SAMPANN Pensioners who are on VRS 2019) who have not given LC are requested to give LC before the end of Feb 22. Failing which Pension for the Month of March 2022 will not be drawn.
2. A lot of query has been received regarding the receipt of following message for SAMPANN PENSIONERS to those who have LC during Jan 2022. It is ascertained from CCA Office as the Last date of LC submission is 28.02.2022, It is designed as default in SAMPANN to draw pension upto FEB 2022. After 28.02.2022, it will be corrected as Correct validity.
Greetings from SAMPANN O/o CGCA, DoT. Your Life Certificate details have been updated in SAMPANN and the updated expiry date is 28/02/2022. Please submit the next Life Certificate before the expiry date
IDA ORDERS RELEASE DELAY REASON BY CIRCLE SECRETARY
Previously our IDA order was being released in the first fortnight of the month in which it is due and we are used to receive our Pension of that month with increased IDA. Now after DA freezer and its susequent restoration, DPE which issues our IDA orders was brought under MoF from Ministry of Heavy Industries and PSEs. DoE which issues DA orders is also under the same ministry.D A was frozen for 18 months where as our IDA was frozen for 12 months because our IDA order was released in Jan, 2021, April, 2021 before the release of DA orders. Therefore from the last instalment of DA, i.e., DA due from July,2021 our IDA order is being issued after the issuance of DA orders.
Wednesday, 12 January 2022
ஆன்லைன்வழியாக பென்ஷன் அதாலத் கூட்டம் 11.01.2022 மாலை 2.30 விருந்து 4.40 வரை நடைபெற்றது.
மாநிலசங்கத்தின்சார்பாக புதியதாக 8ம், 07.09.2021 அதாலத்தில் விவாதிக்க பட்டு pending ல் உள்ள 11ம் கொடுக்கபட்டது. எல்லாவற்றிற்கும் One line reply. “Report from BSNL, field reports not received”. இந்த கூட்டத்தில் மட்டுமல்ல இரண்டு ஆண்டுகளாக நடைபெற்றவையிலும் இதே பதில் தரப் பட்டது. மாவட்ட BSNL GMகளிடம் இருந்து முறையான ரிப்போர்ட் வருவதில்லை என்பதை மறுப்பதற்கு இல்லை என்றாலும் இதை காரணமாக வைத்து CCA அலுவலகம் தனது பொறுப்பை தட்டிக் கழிக்க முடியாது. நமது மாவட்ட செயலாலர்கள் பொது மேலாளரை சந்தித்து பிரச்சனை இருப்பின் விவாதிக்க வேண்டும். CGM அலுவலகத்தில் இருந்துஒருஅதிகாரிகூட பங்கு பெறவில்லை. இந்த சூழ்நிலையில் என்ன நடவடிக்கை மேற்கொள்ளலாம் என்பதை மாநில சங்கம் கலந்து ஆலோசித்து முடிவு எடுக்கும். மாவட்ட செயலாலர்களும் தங்கள் கருத்தை தெரிவிக்கலாம்
Monday, 10 January 2022
DIVISIONAL SECRETARY SPEAKS:
In view of COVID lock down situation, Pensioners are requested not to go to CCA OFFICE to meet PRM at CCA Office in connection with submission of life certificate or getting CDA /IDA Mapping letter or any other pension /PPO related cases. A drop box is kept in front of stair case for dropping letters. Life certificate hard copies can be dropped by getting signature from the Gazetted officers of State or Central GOVERNMENT. or DLC Can be given on JEEVAN PRAMAN as per the details furnished below. IDA to CDA request letters can be sent by post or by sending mail. Pensioners can avoid going to CCA OFFICE till the issue of further clearance. Thanking You. S.Sundarakrishnan
Dist.Secretary STR DIVISION CHENNAI
Friday, 7 January 2022
Meeting with Jt.CCA
We informed the new Jt.CCA (Pension) Smt.Gowthami about the practice of having informal meeting once in a month earlier which was discontinued later due to some reasons including pandemic. She assured to restore that practice and agreed to meet us before the scheduled pension adalat on 11/1/2022.
Accordingly she gave time for us on 5/1/2022. Coms DG, Ramarao, RV and Sundarakrishnan met her for about an hour and discussed some important issues.
1) Discrepancy in fixation of pension of Shri S.Arumugam (Salem East) who retired on 31/1/2001 and involved in pension anomaly case. His pension was originally fixed proportionately since he did not have a qualifying service of 33 years (had only 49 SMPS). After 1/1/2006 the condition of 33 years qualifying service for full pension was dispensed with. Further as per Rule 49(2) of CCS (Pension) Rules, 1972, the minimum pension was Rs.3500/- from 1/1/2006 onwards. So, it was requested to modify the revised pension authority issued on 22/10/2021 by the O/o PCCA, TN. In this regard an email was sent to Dy.CCA (Pension)on 5/12/2021. The copy of the same was handed over to Jt.CCA (Pension) on 5/1/2022 and discussed. She instructed AO to do the needful in this case.
2) Though orders were issued very quickly by O/o PCCA, TN, we brought to her notice that Indian Bank, Canara Bank etc have not paid the due arrears to any of the pensioners. We requested Jt.CCA to directly speak to concerned Managers of CPPC and impress upon them about the urgency because of court order. She agreed to the suggession and assured to do the needful.
3) We also brought to her notice that the revised pension authority was neither received by the concerned pensioners nor by the PDAs in certain cases particularly in Coonoor, Tirunelveli SSAs and left-out cases. Jt.CCA agreed to pursue those cases after the pension adalat.
4) RM/Gr.D officials who were selected and trained for phone mechanic but kept in the waiting list for want of vacancies in phone mechanic cadre. This issue was discussed in JCM (DC) in 1998/1999. As a result, DoT issued order in 1999 to place all the ‘wait-list officials’ in LM scale (intermediate scale) temporarily. They were promoted to Phone Mechanic cadre as and when vacancies arose. Those officials retired after 2017 onwards. At the time of fixation of pension, O/o PCCA, TN reduced their LPD (Last Pay Drawn) arbitrarily by reducing one increment on the plea that pay fixation should be done taking into account the substantive pay
and not temporary pay. This issue was taken up by our association long back and O/o PCCA, TN sought clarification from DDG (Estt.) of DoT. This was discussed in earlier adalats also. After several reminders DoT replied that there is no need to interfere with the decision of PCCA, TN. O/o of PCCA, TN also informed that in accordance with CGCA order dated 28/11/2019, they have to check the pay fixation of the entire period. But we pointed out that the executive order cannot over-ride the statutory rule. We quoted Rule 59 (b) (v) of CCS (Pension) Rules, 1972. We also quoted para 7.3.2. of Chapter 7 of Civil Accounts Manual (CAM) issued by Controller General of Accounts, New Delhi Department of Expenditure (MoF) on 1/10/2012 and 63 (c) of CCS (Pension) Rules, 2021. These statutory rules clearly says “while applying the requisite check, the AO shall verify the correctness of emoluments only for the period of 24 months preceding the date of retirement of a government servant and not for any period prior to that date”. We also informed the Jt.CCA about a clarification issued by DoP&PW on 20/5/2020 to Department of Posts in this regard. She wanted that letter to be sent to her by e-mail which was immediately sent there itself. We suggested that O/o PCCA, TN may seek a clarification from DoP&PW on this issue because that is the nodal department on pensionary matters. For this, she said that they can’t seek clarification directly from DoP&PW. Finally she agreed to refer the issue once again to DoT along with DoP&PW clarification to Department of Posts.
5) We pointed out about the technical issue involved in matching Aadhar number with PPO for those who get pension from ‘Sampann’ particularly those who retired in January 2020. She agreed about the existence of the problem and attempts are being made to set right soft-ware issue. Since LC can be given by the end of February 22, there won’t be any problem in drawing pension and before that date the issue may get solved.
6) We also brought to her notice about the delay in settling pension issue of Shri M V Soundararajan (retired from circle office).
7) The issue of compassionate allowance to Smt Gomathi (Nagercoil SSA brought up by Tirunelveli District) was discussed. They informed that it has to be settled by BSNL and O/o CCA, TN has nothing to do with that. We told them that her husband was DoT employee and it has to be settled only by DoT and not by BSNL. They understood the issue and agreed to consider.
8) Jt.CCA informed that there are many cases pending with regard to sanction of pension to the second wife mainly because the required particulars were not forwarded by concerned PGM/GM, BSNL. She told that she personally talked to PGM, CBE and because of that, 3 cases are settled in that SSA. She also told that she is willing to personally talk to concerned officers in BSNL and she wanted us to give the numbers of all the PGM/GM of BSNL. We agreed to supply the same. We appreciate her action to help the family pensioners.
Since she was busy with the ensuing pension adalat we could not discuss further issues. We thank her for sparing an hour among her tight schedule.
D.Gopalakrishnan V.Ramarao R.Venkatachalam S Sundarakrishnan
CHQ VP C/President C/Secretary Asst.Circle Secy.
Monday, 3 January 2022
IT ISSUE ON ENCASHMENT OF EARNED LEAVE
Dear Comrades, Happy NewYear. Regarding the notices received from IT department, it was suggested by our President Com.A.Sugumaran to meet Pr.Commisioner Income TAX to appraise. Both of us went to meet them on 10th Dec2021. Details were posted already. Reply received from IT department is posted here. It is to intimate our comrades to send reply to CPPC BANGALORE with a copy to concerned Asst.Commissioner /ITO of respective Ward either Tambaram or HADDOWS ROAD NUNGAMBAKKAM. Better to meet in person the respective 1 week after sending letter. Thank u. S.Sundarakrishnan DS